(version May 2018)
The Belgian Society for Reproductive Medicine strives to comply with the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 and the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 regarding the processing of personal data and privacy.
BSRM respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of your personal information. This policy includes information about the personal data collected by BSRM, how BSRM uses the personal information of its members, meeting participants, meeting speakers, sponsors, users and website visitors, and how BSRM protects your privacy.
BSRM can collect and process the following personal data:
- Title, First and last name
- Working place or private postal address (and invoice address if applicable)
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Information about transactions done via the BSRM website (online payment) or by bank transfer
The above mentioned personal data are collected in the context of:
- Meeting registration
- Meeting abstract submission
- Sponsorship booking
- Request for information
The personal data are provided by you on a voluntary basis.
Information obtained from a third party acting on your behalf is processed on the basis that the processing is necessary for the purposes of membership and meeting registrations (for example a group registration).
Use/processing of personal data
We process your personal information for certain purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- For BSRM membership administration
- For BSRM meeting registration administration such as confirmation of registration, on-site access badge and providing you with a certificate of attendance
- For BSRM abstract management administration
- To send payment requests and to collect payments
- To send you the BSRM Newsletters
- To keep you updated on current and future BSRM events and projects
- To mention you in meeting programmes and/or the website (e.g. BSRM officials, speakers)
- To publish articles in the BSRM Newsletter (name, affiliation and country of the author)
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
BSRM will not sell, hire out or forward your personal data to third parties.
Personal data is only shared with processors and/or third parties if this is necessary to carry out services. We share personal data with:
- Our conference management service provider (Orga-Med Congress Office, Ternat, Belgium) in order to be able to organise the meeting and possible other activities;
- BSRM committee members to review applications for BSRM activities, abstracts, meeting session proposals etc;
- Our website form provider, hosting provider, (jotform & combell), in order to host and manage our website and forms and to store and access the data;
- Our payment provider, in order to carry out a payment for a conference, membership or other activity or service.
Personal data will never be transferred to a recipient outside the EU.
Personal information is kept for a reasonable period of time, dependent upon the nature of the information and its intended use.
If you have a BSRM membership and/or meeting registration record, your information will be kept in the BSRM system, even if you do not renew your membership or meeting registration later. This is to allow us to continue informing you on BSRM related events.
Information is kept indefinitely for persons who have submitted, and had accepted, or contributed to scientific content for congresses, events, journals, statements, guidelines, etc. The information is kept for scientific purposes only: to reference it and to be used with published material, and to be accessed when those materials are researched or viewed.
All personal data are stored on a secure server, and appropriate technical and organisational measures are implemented to ensure an appropriate level of security.
BSRM stores all the personal data which it has collected, through a secured server at the BSRM Central Office premises. Back-ups are made on a daily basis.
Since no method of electronic storage is absolutely secure, BSRM is not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
BSRM uses wordpress to maintain the security and performance of the website www.bsrm.org. We use third party services, wordpress & combell, to publish our website, which is hosted at their premises.
You have the right to:
- view the personal data we keep from you
- to correct, complete or update of your data
- to delete your personal data
- to limit the processing of your personal data
- to transfer your personal data
- to object to the processing of your data
Please contact the BSRM Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you would like to view your personal data or to make use of your rights. If necessary we can also make changes to your data on your behalf.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information from BSRM, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button underneath each of the messages sent by BSRM.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The BSRM website is using cookies.
We may change this policy by updating this page. We advise you to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The BSRM website contains links to other websites. BSRM is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
If you feel BSRM is violating your rights, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission.
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to BSRM, Opalfeneweg 3, 1740 Ternat, Belgium